Google site is feature owned by Google, where through this facility Google provides an intranet that allows every single person in a group to access information fast and updated. Within a group, people can work together in the Site to attach files and access information from other Google applications such as Google Doc, Google Calendar, YouTube and Picasa. Another advantage is that we will know who is accessing the site.
The steps to create and organize Google Sites:
- In the www.google.com, select a category more in the navigation tabs. In the pull down menu select sites.
- Log in using your Google account, then you will be taken to a page of Google sites.
- Click the Create Sites to create a new account.
- At this stage you will be asked to select your template as you wish, enter the sites name, choose a theme and a few other settings.
- The final step is to enter a captcha code and click Create Site.
- Finish, you have sites account now.
Once you have Site(s), then on the under My sites will be listed the name of your site(s). To enter the sites, you can click the name of the existing site on the list.
In this page we can manage the site content, site settings and site appearance. To get into these settings, click More action, then select Manage site. Many things you can do from here.
Manage site menu:
- Recent activity pages
- Page templates
- Apps Scripts
- Deleted items
- Share this site
- Web Address
- Site layout
- Color and Font